Schedule is according to the Production calendar, depending on show assignment, apprenticeship can run anytime. Unpaid.
Porchlight Music Theater's Properties Department oversees the acquisition, building, and maintenance of all props used in shows at PMT.
Description of Job Duties:
Properties Interns assist the Properties and Set Designers and crew in tasks including, but not limited to: crafting or adapting properties using several different types of materials and techniques; searching for and purchasing properties appropriate for productions; furniture and properties repair; sewing; carpentry; painting; maintenance of hand prop and furniture storage; and research. Valid driver's license desirable.
Day to day tasks:
- Work on props for upcoming productions, from research to actual prop construction. (This is really the bulk of the job.)
- Pull/Deliver props requested in the rehearsal report the day before
- Maintain organization in storage spaces
Position is supervised by:
Properties Designer and Production Manager
Who should apply for this position?:
Applicants who are organized, detail-oriented, self- motivated and interested in learning about the day-to-day functions of a professional theatre Properties Department should apply.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Basic knowledge of hand and power tools
- Basic knowledge of paint and craft techniques (including basic sewing)
- Clear, effective written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and organized
- An exquisite attention to detail
- Basic computer skills (including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Photoshop)
- Clean driving record