Monday, May 23
Performance Begins at 7:00 PM
THE YEAR’S MOST ANTICIPATED CONCERT – NOW ON SALE!
CHICAGO SINGS STEPHEN SONDHEIM
Monday, May 23
Museum of Contemporary Art
Direction by Michael Weber+ & Frankie Leo Bennett+
Music Direction by David Fiorello+
About Chicago Sings – The Annual Fundraising Concert
Chicago Sings is Porchlight’s signature fundraising concert, featuring a lineup of Chicago’s best and brightest music theatre and cabaret favorites, returning live in 2022. This year we’ll be celebrating the incomparable Stephen Sondheim and his legacy as a titan of American music theatre with a concert experience that shines a spotlight on all of his most beloved songs and some hidden gems. The evening also includes the presentation of the Guy Adkins Award for Excellence in the Advancement of Music Theatre in Chicago.
All Chicago Sings proceeds benefit our youth education, artistic and community outreach programs — support that advances Porchlight’s resilience and commitment to illuminating the past, present and future of music theatre.
Two Ways to Experience Chicago Sings
“It’s a Hit!” Live Experience — SOLD OUT!
Reception Begins at 5:30 PM
- Enjoy the VIP experience
- Have a seat in the theatre and experience the concert live and in person
- Attend an exclusive pre-concert reception on the museum’s beautiful second-floor tented terrace overlooking the sculpture garden with complimentary hors d’oeuvres and wine
- Enjoy an elegant piano performance during the reception
- Before the performance, visit the new Nick Cave exhibit showcasing Cave’s unique fabric sculptures only one week after its opening at the museum
- Give the gift of music theatre by purchasing Community Connector tickets that give members of our partner communities an equitable opportunity to this experience Sondheim!
“Color & Light” Lounge Experience
HOSTED BY THE PORCHLIGHT YOUNG PROFESSIONALS
Reception begins at 6:30 PM
- Treat yourself to a unique cultural experience
- Attend an exclusive viewing party of the concert in the museum’s beautiful second-floor lounge space; the concert will be live streamed from the downstairs theatre into the lounge
- Visit the new Nick Cave exhibit showcasing his unique fabric sculptures only one week after its opening at the museum
- Gather with like-minded arts enthusiasts and have fun with our Lounge host and interactive piano accompanist
- Mingle over complimentary wine and snacks while getting your tickets to the exciting raffle
Chicago Sings Performer Lineup
(First Row, from L to R): Larry Adams+, Neala Barron*, Brianna Borger*, Justin Brill+, Christine Bunuan*, Lydia Burke*
(Second Row, from L to R): Billy Dwyer+, Andres Enriquez+, Nancy Godinez*, Cecilia Iole*, Paul-Jordan Jansen+, Mark David Kaplan+
(Third Row, from L to R): Parker Guidry^, Clare Kennedy*, Becky Keeshin*, Nik Kmiecik+, Evan Tyrone Martin+, Beckie Menzie*
(Fourth Row, from L to R): Juwon Tyrel Perry+, Nolan Robinson+, Lorenzo Rush Jr+, Laura Savage*, Kelan M. Smith+ and Genevieve Thiers*.
Pronoun Key: + (he/him/his); * (she/her/hers); ^ (they, them, theirs); = (any with respect)
Exciting Online Raffle
Whether you’re attending Chicago Sings or not, you can participate in our exciting online raffle. Prizes listed below:
- One-night stay at the Ambassador Hotel in Porchlight’s own Gold Coast neighborhood, right in the heart of the Magnificent Mile
- Two tickets to Life After, a luminous new musical, at the Goodman Theatre, running June 11 to July 17, 2022
- Two tickets to Into The Woods at Paramount Theatre in Aurora, a brilliant reimagining of classic fairytales by the incomparable Stephen Sondheim, running from February 1 to March 19, 2023
- Annual membership to the Art Institute of Chicago to see the famous painting that inspired the beloved musical, Sunday in the Park with George
- $100 gift card to Tavern on Rush for an upscale dining experience after a thrilling musical performance
- $50 gift card to any Lettuce Entertain You restaurant for breakfast, lunch or dinner during your relaxing staycation
- Two Broadway show posters from Triton Gallery to add to your home decor
- An $800 value!
- Framed A Little Night Music show poster, and two more Broadway show posters from Triton Gallery, to add to your home decor
- The script of A Little Night Music for reading and singing along
- Bottle of Glogg, a delicious Swedish wine
- Gift certificate to Simon’s Tavern in Andersonville along with a t-shirt and mug
- Brunch for two at Tre Kronor, a charming Swedish restaurant right here in Chicago
- Gift certificate to the Sweden Shop, where you can find the latest home decor, gifts and clothing from Scandinavia
- Swedish cookies and candy
- Two guest passes to the Swedish American Museum to explore the most concentrated area of Swedish heritage in the United States and sample some Swedish treats
- A $342 value!
- Framed Sweeney Todd poster for the original Broadway production starring Len Cariou and Angela Lansbury, along with two more Broadway show posters from Triton Gallery
- The script of Sweeney Todd for reading and singing along
- A selection of English treats and tea curated by PMT supporter Bill Bergfalk
- Gift certificate to First Slice Pie Cafe for a traditional apple pie or something new, like their balsamic raspberry pear pie
- Gift certificate to Hoosier Mama Pie Shop, a quaint artisanal bakery with handmade pies and a beautiful patio
- A $167 value!
- A special one-of-a-kind Porchlight experience! This package for 10 guests includes a one-hour pre-show cocktail and hors d’oeuvres party at the Ruth Page Center followed by a Mainstage performance. You can join us for any Mainstage show in our spectacular 2022-2023 season, including Rent, Cabaret or Ern
est Shackleton Loves Me, and as a special treat, Artistic Director Michael Weber will join the pre-party to regale the guests with fascinating Porchlight history and an insider’s look at the show you’re about to see! A $1,200 value!
The Guy Adkins Award
for Excellence in the Advancement of Music Theatre in Chicago
Each year, Porchlight Music Theatre celebrates an individual who has made an exceptional and lasting contribution to the state of the art of Chicago music theatre, with the prestigious Guy Adkins Award, presented at Porchlight’s annual Chicago Sings concert benefit. This year, we are pleased to honor Jim Corti, Artistic Director of the Paramount Theater.
More about Jim Corti.
More about The Guy Adkins Award.
PLEASE NOTE: All attendees must present a valid photo ID and Covid-19 vaccination card with the second dose given at least two weeks prior to the event. A digital picture or photocopy of the card will be accepted.
Interested in sponsoring this event? Click below to learn more on how to sponsor Chicago Sings Stephen Sondheim:
Thank You to Our Individual Sponsors
Presenting Sponsor: Daniel & Genevieve Ratner Foundation
$10,000 – Visionary
Jeremy Eden & Nancy Marder
Brenda & Jim Grusecki
$5,000 – Producer
Michelle & Steve Cucchiaro
Bill Gilmer & John Blackburn
Rhonda Rochambeau & Larry Schulman
$2,500 – Principal
Emily & Bob Carroll
Rhona & Julian Frazin
Mark Hudson & Russell Johnson
Greg & Anne Taubeneck
$1,000 – Player
John Belom & Linda Goode
Jon Klein & Susan Cohn
Chuck & Diane Laff
Mike Lowenthal & Amy Osler
Steve McDonagh & Dan Smith
Jay & Tamara Sims