Starts January 18, 2020
Jeff-Award Winning Porchlight Music Theatre is excited to offer a Music Theatre Intensive this Winter for children ages 7-13. Attendees will receive top of the line training from Professional Chicago Actors who have performed to great acclaim at some of Chicagoland’s biggest theatres, including Porchlight! Each week, attendees will work on expanding their singing and acting skills, learning doable but challenging choreography, and familiarizing themselves with the various styles of Musical Theatre. Class is held every Saturday January 18 – February 22 . from 9:30 AM-12:00 PM and culminates in a performance of a Musical Revue for Friends and Family!
Expand Your Skills and Gain New Ones!
Porchlight Music Theatre is committed to giving every student, regardless of current skill level or previous experience, the chance to feel like a star. Regardless of where an attendee starts, we offer them the tools and tips to grow their skills and their confidence.
Over the course of the 8 weeks and 18 hours of instruction attendees will work on:
- Song Performance – Learn how to “act a song” and gain new confidence in your vocal and acting abilities. Teachers will work with group
- Choreography – Whether your budding star is an experienced dancer, or is brand new to any kind of movement, our teaching artists will work with them on basic Musical Theatre dance steps and teach students challenging, but doable choreography to exciting Broadway numbers!
- Musical Theatre Styles – Musical Theatre has changed dramatically, and thanks to shows like Hamilton and Dear Evan Hansen, more young people than ever are interested in Broadway Musicals! Porchlight Music Theatre believes it is important to expose young people to all of the various sub-genres of Musical Theatre in order to make them well rounded performers! Attendees will explore performing numbers from various eras and genres, while gaining a better understanding of how Broadway has evolved!
- A Musical Revue – Throughout the course of the class, attendees will put their newfound knowledge to good use as they rehearse a Musical Revue to be performed for friends and family at the culmination of class. The revue will explore various styles of the genre and give every attendee their chance to shine!
- Confidence – Most importantly, Porchlight Music Theatre wants every child who takes a class with us to leave feeling more confident than they arrived. Whether your child dreams of seeing their names in lights or not, The Performing Arts have proved to help children in many other aspects of their lives at school and at home.
Learn From The Pros!
Porchlight is committed to hiring the best teaching artists in the city. All of our teaching artists work regularly at Chicagoland’s biggest theatres, including Porchlight. They have the skills and knowledge to help every child improve their personal and performance skills. We make sure to hire teaching artists who love children and are committed to giving every child the individualized attention they need to thrive. Your little one or tween is guaranteed to love working with our talented staff.
Age Range: 7-13
Financial assistance available, contact email@example.com