Schedule is according to the Production calendar, depending on show assignment. Unpaid.
Description of Job Duties:
Electrics interns work with the Lighting Designer and other electricians to execute designs and maintain equipment in all PMT productions. Work hours will be determined by the needs of productions.
Day to day tasks:
- Cleaning and maintenance of equipment for run of production
- Operating light board under the supervision of the Stage Manager as needed.
- Participating in load-in during technical rehearsals for mainstage and Off the Porch (If needed)
- Assist Lighting Designers on an as-needed basis
- Keep show paperwork and information as current as possible
- Assist on any special projects should any arise
Position is supervised by:
Lighting Designer & Production Manager.
Who should apply for this position?:
Applicants interested in learning about the day-to-day functions of a professional theatre electrics department should apply. This position does not include any design aspects and is instead for candidates interested in the technical aspects of the trade.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A desire for comprehensive knowledge of modern lighting equipment
- Basic Design skills
- Computer design skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Theater background, technical theater experience a plus
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Interest in a high paced, multitasking environment
- Willingness to learn and work as part of a team