House Management Intern
Schedule is according to the Production calendar, depending on show assignment. Porchlight’s 2015/2016 season runs August 2015 through June 2016. House Management Interns are assigned to one Production.
15–20 hours/week. Unpaid.
Porchlight Music Theatre's House Management Department runs productions that are often complicated and require all of the organizational and technical skills available to even the most experienced house manager. As a company, Porchlight Music Theatre has grown in size and it is the house manager's duty to keep communication flowing, not only to the production department and stage manager but also to administration, marketing, development and education departments.
Description of Job Duties:
House Mangement interns experience productions from first preview through final performance. In the process they are exposed to a wide range of duties while working with PMT's teams of professionals. House Management Interns are required to attend all performances and become an active running crew member during performances, if needed.
- Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Setting up house spaces and maintaining the house environment
- Assisting with normal house management duties
- Work closely with administrative departments
- Opportunity to learn in Costume departments
- Work with Chicago's leading theater professionals and visiting companies
- Assist on any special projects on an as-needed basis